[geeks] Global Warming causes...

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Dec 1 20:11:26 CST 2007

Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2007, at 7:19 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>>> You know this how?
>> Know what?  That there isn't unanimity?  Because some scientists
>> disagree.  That there is consensus?  Because the majority (more than
>> two
>> thirds, according to what I've read) agree.
>
> Two thirds of what scientists?
>
> The ones who the media interviews?

The ones writing papers on climate.

> There was no consensus at all, and a good number of them reported
> cosmic radiation, natural disasters, and orbit variation as larger
> factors in global temperature.
>
> The main reason you don't hear about those other factors is that they
> are not popular.  They don't sell ads, they aren't boogymen, they have
> no emotional appeal, and it requires real work rather than knee jerk
> reactionism to cope with it.

There's three problems in climate change and global warming:  the
climate change itself, the people who say "It's anthropogenic, the
natural factors are insignificant", and the people who say "It's
natural, the anthropogenic effects can't possibly be significant."

--
 Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
 alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
         It's not the years, it's the mileage.