[geeks] Goodbye, I guess

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 30 08:32:09 CDT 2007

>From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>
>Date: 2007/08/30 Thu AM 06:10:01 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Goodbye, I guess

<snip>

>Towards the end of the show one of the Amish kids studies for his GED
>despite having had formal education only to the 8th grade.  He passes
>with a grade of about 98%.  Kinda shows up the education lobby in the
>US - Amish schools are one-room school houses with virtually no funding.

That's not too hard.

I'd like to take some 9th grade students and have them attempt the California
Teacher Certification test that seems so hard for teachers to pass. I think
(but may be off, so grab a grain of salt when you read the following), but it
was something like 40% failed the test the first time they took it, and 15%
need to take it three times to pass it. The teat was aimed at the 9th grade
level, again, IIRC.

Lionel