[geeks] Discuss this quote...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Aug 27 16:27:44 CDT 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> The killer is wages and in the U.S. medical insurance.

Is medical insurance that big of a deal?  Outside of my brief stint at
state employment, I've never had my employer provide it.  In fact, I
haven't even had insurance for the last two years or so.  I just eat
well[0] and take care of myself.  I only get sick enough to miss work
every four years or so.

I have, however, considered taking out accident and short-term
disability insurance in case a rack of servers or IC tester falls on me.

[0] A taste for spicy food does wonders for one's vitamin intake.
--
Jonathan Patschke     )
Elgin, TX            (      "I detest logging filesystems."