[geeks] Discuss this quote...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Aug 27 16:49:03 CDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 04:27:44PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Is medical insurance that big of a deal?  Outside of my brief stint at
> state employment, I've never had my employer provide it.  In fact, I
> haven't even had insurance for the last two years or so.  I just eat
> well[0] and take care of myself.  I only get sick enough to miss work
> every four years or so.

When I made less money, I alway declined the health insurance because I
would rather have that much more money/month.  Now that I'm married and
we both have medicine that we have to take, I'm glad I have it - and
REALLY glad I have it after my hospital stay earlier this year.  Without
insurance, it would have been $30K.  I think I ended up paying $1.5-2K.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas