[geeks] two questions

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Aug 10 14:04:41 CDT 2007

1. i have mail coming through with non-ascii isolatin1 chars translated
to trigraphs, eg. =E1.  as i'm trying to learn spanish this is passing
beyond annoyance and becoming a real handicap.  what's my best and/or
easiest way of restoring the 8-bit chars?  my sendmail setup runs
procmail to deliver incoming, so adding a filter isn't hard.

2. i recently acquired a 333MHz tray-loading imac, whose kbd this am
decided to go wonky in the high humidity.  it's better now, but does
anyone know positively one way or the other if this kbd can or can not
be run safely though a dishwasher?  methinks it needs a good
scrubbing.