[geeks] Marijuana Legalization

Hicheal Morton mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:04:19 CDT 2007

>From news reports, the Kennesaw required every householder to own a working
firearm, to be able to use it competently, and to have ammunition.  This was
so that every householder could provide for their own self-defense.

The news articles listed long guns (rifle and shotgunx) as the intended
weapon.  They never said if handguns were okay or not--I would think that
they would be.

Concealed carrying of firearms was not a part of this law.  But pens,
pencils, combs, brushs, knifes, cell phones (brick phone were REAL big [pun
intended] at the time),  and other items were permitted.

The required guns were for use "in" the homes only--not for taking outside
according to news reports.

RESULT: At the end of 10 years, crime than would be deterred by householder
gun possession and use (should the situation warrant) was 10% of what it was
be fore the law was inacted.  While the Kennesaw continued to grow, crime
continued to dwindle.

It is a statistically known (and proven) fact that criminals (in jails) have
a three times greater likelihood of being shoot by a citizen than a law
enforcement officer.  That's why citizen involvement in any activity deters
crime.