[geeks] Race Tracks

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Fri Apr 20 12:50:57 CDT 2007

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Thu, 19 Apr 2007 @ 07:51 +0300, sammy ominsky said:
>
>> On 19/04/2007, at 07:37, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>
>>> How does the motorcycle cut your time in traffic?
>> Lane splitting is not only encouraged, it's quasi-mandatory here.  I
>> was sitting in line at a red light about a year ago and a cop told me
>> to move up to the light.  On highways, the shoulder is a de facto
>> motorcycle lane when traffic is backed up.
>
> Where do you live that allows that?
>
> Around here you can always find the riders that do that: they are the
> little stains here and there on I64.

Everyone did the 'move up to the light between the cars thing' in Japan
- or at least on Okinawa.  The side mirrors on the truck I was usually
driving there would jusssst clear the tops of their helmets.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod