[geeks] Race Tracks

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Wed Apr 18 12:16:45 CDT 2007

 Quoth James Fogg ...

> Besides, with the Datsun SPL311 Roadster I can go from
> junkyard to race
> ready for $3000, and that includes having a reasonably
> straight body and
> fresh paint. And there ain't nothin like a tiny roadster on a road
> coarse. I love the sound of it's dual side-draft SU's gulping
> air, it's a thing of joy.

You're talking to a former Austin-Healey/Triumph/Jaguar driver, and I
perfectly understand.

If you don't have one, you might like to get a copy of Vizard's "Tuning the
A-Series" book.  IIRC, Datsun engine is close enough to a BMC B-series
engine (which is, itself, basically a scaled-up A-series) that you'll find
more than a few good ideas for improving reliability and performance.

-Shel