[geeks] Race Tracks

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Wed Apr 18 12:11:17 CDT 2007

> When I lived in Atlanta, and drove BMWs, my local BMW shop
> owner was quite the performance nut.  His "Sunday car" was a
> Ferrari Dino, but his daily driver was a 5-body BMW with,
> essentially, a 745i engine.  I.e. the 3.5 liter straight-six
> Dinan-ed to within an inch of its life.  Complete chassis
> goose-up, of course.  Full roll cage, too, but also working
> A/C, stereo, and car phone.  Gotta have A/C in Atlanta.

I'm sure it can be done, but I wouldn't want to wrestle with the thing.

Besides, with the Datsun SPL311 Roadster I can go from junkyard to race
ready for $3000, and that includes having a reasonably straight body and
fresh paint. And there ain't nothin like a tiny roadster on a road
coarse. I love the sound of it's dual side-draft SU's gulping air, it's
a thing of joy.