[geeks] Vonage alternative?

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Tue Apr 17 01:04:35 CDT 2007

On 17/04/2007, at 08:47, Dan Duncan wrote:

> Well, since the future of my Vonage line is in question I should
> start scoping
> out the alternatives.

One of the things my company does is VoIP.  We've been doing business
voip for a quite a long time, and are in the final months before
rolling out a consumer voip product with pricing and plans comparable
to vonage.  You can port your number, so nothing changes inbound or
out.  The only thing is that the web configurator and web-based
voicemail, etc will have to wait for product launch in the summer.
Until then it's personal customized service we've always offered our
business clients and either dialing in or having your voicemail
emailed to you.

If you're interested, we can happily offer service now, with the
caveat I mentioned.  We are in no danger of going out like Vonage,
because Verizon is our upstream provider :)

---sambo
(Sammy Ominsky, VP for Software Development, Capalon Communications)