[geeks] Vonage alternative?

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 00:47:06 CDT 2007

Well, since the future of my Vonage line is in question I should start scoping
out the alternatives.

It can't be too wacky.  Family and friends need to be able to dial a regular
number and we need to be able to call them at a regular number by picking
up a regular phone.  It also needs to just work with minimal hand-holding
and configuration.

I was happy to wave goodbye to my local telco about a year ago but I recently
had to go crawling back because my recently-acquired-by-comcast cable company
jacked up the price for internet-only service by over 25% and sent me
a letter the
day AFTER the rate change took effect telling me that.  I'm now on DSL without
a voice line (naked DSL) so adding voice service is an option that
would probably stack up
decently against a VOIP service.

Damn I'm cranky today.

--