[geeks] Vonage alternative?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Apr 17 06:45:15 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 11:47:06PM -0600, Dan Duncan wrote:
> I was happy to wave goodbye to my local telco about a year ago but I recently
> had to go crawling back because my recently-acquired-by-comcast cable company
> jacked up the price for internet-only service by over 25% and sent me
> a letter the day AFTER the rate change took effect telling me that.  I'm
> now on DSL without a voice line (naked DSL) so adding voice service is an
> option that would probably stack up decently against a VOIP service.

I avoid VoIP altogether; SBC has a decently-priced unlimited-LD plan that
works well.  I pay a total of about $90/month for a custom package that
has unlimited LD, a few extra features (call waiting, unlisted/unpublished,
InLine Plus, etc) and 3 megabit/512 kilobit DSL.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas