[geeks] tax software rant

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Tue Apr 17 00:49:24 CDT 2007

On 17/04/2007, at 08:04, John Francini wrote:

> I've been using TurboTax (and before that MacInTax) for over a decade
> now.

I used it over a decade ago and was happy with it.  I then had a
somewhat complex tax year in about 1998 and used a human instead.  I
stayed with him until 2005 tax year, at which point I went back to
Turbo Tax on his recommendation.  It did very well for me, and I'm
using it again for 2006 (haven't filed yet, as foreign residents get
an automatic extension through June).

---sambo