[geeks] tax software rant

John Francini francini at mac.com
Tue Apr 17 00:04:45 CDT 2007

I've been using TurboTax (and before that MacInTax) for over a decade
now. The product has gotten slicker and (dare I say it) easier to
use, at least for me. (I use the conversational method instead of
just an automated forms filler-outer.)

I filed electronically, and it DID get the 2005 AGI right. (I checked
it against the 2005 form before I filed, just to be sure.)  It even
carried over the magic 5-digit numbers the IRS has you pick out as a
one-shot PIN (as a signature equivalent).

Just my $0.02.

John Francini