[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 17 11:17:24 CDT 2007

Tue, 17 Apr 2007 @ 00:27 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> Doesn't it get even funnier, in that some school districts won't keep
> a teacher after their second year if they think they might *not* offer
> tenure, because sometimes three years plus a Union lawyer can equal
> three years and one day? :^)

Where is this happening?

I don't see it locally, but I've heard people talk about musical
teachers.

I know that around here they never fire a teacher for incompetence, but
they'll readily fire one for being good.

The good ones have to learn to work the system, which sucks.  Imagine if
they could just spend all their effort on teaching.

--
shannon /     Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage amongst
-------'      his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are