[geeks] tax software rant

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 23:55:40 CDT 2007

My 2006 e-filing was rejected by the IRS because the number reported
for my AGI for 2005 to sign the return did not match my actual 2005
filing. I opened up Taxcut 2005 and looked and sure enough it doesn't
match. The problem: Taxcut 2006 IMPORTED my 2005 return from Taxcut
2005! How could the AGI NOT MATCH? That's a pretty critical problem! I
don't know what sort of chimps they use to test this software, but
they need to train them a little better and/or beat them a little bit
more.

Does anyone recommend Turbo Tax?

--
Dan Duncan