[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Joost van de Griek jvdg at sparcpark.net
Fri Apr 13 13:42:43 CDT 2007

On 4/13/07 6:44 PM, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> " From: der Mouse <mouse at Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
> "
> " I have one friend who is fluent in something like eight western
> " European tongues and can get by in all but one of the rest.  (The
> " exception is, IIRC, Hungarian.)  I believe at least some of those were
> " learnt as an adult.
>
> i'm not sure hungarian counts as a western language; it's related to
> finnish, turkish, and mongolian.  otoh that doesn't stop the
> hungarians from proudly celebrating their red-haired celtic roots...
> [late 2nd mill bc]

And their hunnish forefathers (Atila is a popular Hungarian name), even
though they call their country Magyar, unlike everyone else.

Hungary is one of those totally weird enclaves in Yerp that seems to have
nothing in common with its neighbours. Kinda like the Basque countries and
Finland.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
If you can see the tree as you hit it, it's called understeer.
If you only hear the tree as you hit it, it's called oversteer.