[geeks] Languages [was Re: New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore]

Fri Apr 13 14:13:33 CDT 2007

> And their hunnish forefathers (Atila is a popular Hungarian name),
> even though they call their country Magyar, unlike everyone else.

That reminds me of Germany and German.  Most languages, countries,
ethnicities, have at least somewhat visibly related names in various
languages.  For example, English, anglais, engelsk, angliskii
[transliterated], Englisch(?); French, frangais, fransk....

But German...German, allemand, tysk, Deutsch - all over the map.  If
there are relationships lurking, they're far better hidden than they
are in most cases.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca