[geeks] Personal Finance Software

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 20:39:28 CDT 2007

Robert Brooke Gravitt wrote:
> Moneydance?

Hmm.  I've never seen that before.  It looks interesting.  I'll give it
a try.

> I've bought it and QuickBooks/Quicken, and found that I didn't like
> any of them.

Quicken is just sort of "ok".  Kinda.  Almost.

> The wife and I just ended up using the account aggregation features
> over at Yodlee (www.yodlee.com; https://moneycenter.yodlee.com/
> moneycenter/registration.moneycenter.do)

I was checking out their website.  I don't think it's the Right Thing (tm).

> I worked at a company where we wrote cash management software for the
> "big banks" BofA, Suntrust, WaMu, etc & 1000s of credit unions. Most
> use Yodlee for the some parts of their customer banking sites.
>
> It's free, and might be what you're looking for.

I don't really want something that requires the network.  I'd rather
just use something local.  That way, I can keep that machine purposely
off the network for security purposes.

Peace...  Sridhar