[geeks] Vista is a job creator...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 26 20:12:49 CDT 2006

>From: Doug McLaren <dougmc at frenzied.us>
>Date: 2006/09/26 Tue AM 11:29:34 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Vista is a job creator...

>On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 12:14:27PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
>| Article says a Microsoft-funded IDC study says Vista will create 50K
>| jobs in Europe.
>
>Hurricaine Katrina was a big job maker too.

Uhm, it also cost a lot of jobs...

>So was WW2.

Got Women into the workforce - Yay!

>And WW1.

A little before my time...

>I'll bet the Black Death (bubonic plague) made lots of jobs in Europe too.

Sure - there was a run on hand carts and plenty of work yelling "Bring out your dead!"

>The Crusades probably created lots of jobs too, as did the Inquisition.

Yea, but there was no real pay (they volunteered...)

>And yes, I do belive that Vista will create lots of jobs too :)

Let me guess, you're a "glass half-empty" kind of fellow?

Lionel