[geeks] HD/IDE question

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Sep 27 00:41:34 CDT 2006

Tue, 26 Sep 2006 @ 20:09 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> >From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> >Date: 2006/09/26 Tue PM 06:44:19 CDT
> >To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> >Subject: Re: [geeks] HD/IDE question
>
> >Tue, 26 Sep 2006 @ 11:13 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:
> >
> >How come your email comes across in multi-hundred character lines?
>
> Because your mail client doesn't break them up. I don't impose a line
> limit on my emails, I defer to your choosen mail client, window, size,
> etc...

I use mutt and it knows how to handle long lines.

The problem is your email messages are missing the indicator that you
formatted them like that.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't always like that (your email), which
is why I asked.

> >I've been planning for it for years, but my wallet fails to comply!
>
> I know the feeling...
>
> I am putting together a system now - just got 4x 250 Gig SATA drives
> and I have a nice chip for the MB, but my "inherited" RAID card isn't
> supported by the MB, and I can't decide if I should get a new MB or a
> new RAID card...

I would probably use soft-raid to save money, but still use a hot-swap
backplane.

Not as fast, but speed isn't my primary issue, as software raid will
easily outrun my network.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]