[geeks] source code indexer

Olaf Mersmann olafm at kimberly.tako.de
Mon Sep 25 18:39:47 CDT 2006

> - Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> [060926 01:20]:
> To clarify, I'm not looking for source management and browsing, I'm
> looking for something to index a library of code that I use as a
> reference.

If all you're looking for is a good fulltext search engine, maby
Hyper Estraier (http://hyperestraier.sourceforge.net/) fits the bill.

> I should probably write it myself.

You could possible write a custom gatherer for it, which adds context
to some words i.e. 'this is a function name', 'this is a variable'.

What's missing from all these full text search engines is line number
information, so once you have the matching files, you'd still have to
grep them...

HTH,
Olaf