[geeks] FYI - great HP printer tech support page

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Sep 23 12:40:54 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 03:26:38PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> So far, I've had good luck with HP technical information and support.
>
> There are a lot of things they do I don't like, but I do usually find
> what I need from them, either on their website or by calling them.

A long time ago, DEC made an ehthernet 10/100 chip set and a PCI card with
it. They had on their web site the drivers for MacOS 7 and 8, OS 9 included
them.

When Compaq bought DEC they kept the drivers.

When HP merged with Compaq, they kept the drivers. In typical HP style,
they made them hard to find, but they are still there. No mater what
people say about HP in the last few years, their on line support has
been excelent.

When I called HP Israel for a microcode update to a 3 year old CD-ROM burner,
they spoke to me in English, and sent me for free a CD ROM with it and a whole
bunch of other usefull files.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838