[geeks] Solaris 10 networking is giving me fits

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Fri Sep 22 16:37:24 CDT 2006

Well, playing devil's advocate ...

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:07:06 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> I think it was the Circuit City UNIX test I took that asked me what
> kind of garbage collection algorithm the C library malloc() routine
> used.

Oooh! Evil enough for me to like (one ex-contractor I interviewed later
told me that my questions were the toughest he'd ever faced). Of course
the notes for that question to the interview panel would read something
like  "Does this candidate have the chutzpah to tell us our question is
bogus (good), say 'don't know' (ok), or try to waffle through (tell him
the door is that way)".

Of course you *could* say that the Solaris page scanner is the rough
equivalent of garbage collection for malloc().