[geeks] Solaris 10 networking is giving me fits

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 22 23:55:04 CDT 2006

Fri, 22 Sep 2006 @ 15:38 -0500, Bill Bradford said:

> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 01:07:06PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > I think it was the Circuit City UNIX test I took that asked me what kind
> > of garbage collection algorithm the C library malloc() routine used.
>
> Someone at Circuit City actually knows what "UNIX" means?

Heh heh... :)

Actually, the head sysadmin dude seems OK to me.  Didn't get to talk to
him much.

They were mostly HP/UX there.  Can't remember much else now, as this was
spring of 1999.

I found it frustrating that out of 7 or 8 people they sent me to during
the interview process, I only got to talk to one guy in my field, and he
was also the only one that appeared sane.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his