[geeks] Help identifying part... (non-Sun)

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Sun Oct 29 10:07:14 CST 2006

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a couple gigaNET cLAN1000 cards, and I have no earthly idea
> what they are...

Google sez it's a fiber HBA made by a company called gigaNET.

Apparently they were used as a cluster interconnect (cLAN = cluster
LAN).  That was back in 1998.

Googling "giganet" leads to Emulex. 3 guesses who bought them out...

> My guess is that they were used for a fabric in a compute cluster but

Good guess ;)

> I can't for the life of me figure out if I should pitch the cards or
> try and find someone that can use them.

Almost all the driver download links come back as 404s.

Lots of the stuff on eBay, no one is buying.

Unless you can find someone who needs a spare...

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com