[geeks] Help identifying part... (non-Sun)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 29 09:36:06 CST 2006

Hello all,

I have a couple gigaNET cLAN1000 cards, and I have no earthly idea what they are...

They have a "squat" RJ-style connector (with 8 conductors), which is about 50% wider than an RJ-45 connector. They were pulled from a PCI slot, and I think the interface is 64 bit PCI.

My guess is that they were used for a fabric in a compute cluster (since I scored multiple identical machines that had this card installed, with sequential "node numbers" on the cases), but I can't for the life of me figure out if I should pitch the cards or try and find someone that can use them.

I have two of these cards - anyone have any exp with them and/or want them?

Lionel