[geeks] electric cars

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Wed Oct 25 14:56:45 CDT 2006

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " > rust.
> "
> " Rust can be taken care of, and not all cars rust severely even in the
> " rust-belt.
>
> if it can be taken care of, why hasn't it?  why would electric cars be
> different?

You mean it hasn't?

I was under the impression that the body panels most vulnerable to rust
 (doors, fenders, quarters, rocker panels, etc) have been made
galvanized steel since the late '90s.

And electric cars wouldn't be any different from a "normal" car.

> " but most people could change an electric
> " motor with little trouble.  It is also easier for mechanics, though
> " they might not be happy about that, I don't know.

Pshaw!

Most people have trouble pouring a container of engine oil into the
cylinder head, do you really think they could figure out the business
end of the socket set and do it themselves?

No, for major work they'll take it to the dealer just like they do now.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com