[geeks] electric cars

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Oct 25 18:56:07 CDT 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:56:45 -0500
Phil Brutsche <phil at tux.obix.com> wrote:

> > " but most people could change an electric
> > " motor with little trouble.  It is also easier for mechanics,
> > though " they might not be happy about that, I don't know.
>
> Pshaw!
>
> Most people have trouble pouring a container of engine oil into the
> cylinder head, do you really think they could figure out the business
> end of the socket set and do it themselves?

I can't agree.

You miss the point:

Those who currently do work will find it easier.

Those who are on the fence or do little, can do more.

Those who do things like change electric motors will find it far easier
to handle that than to replace a complex piston engine.

Mechanics will have less work to do.

Electric motors are far less difficult to adapt, customize, etc.

> No, for major work they'll take it to the dealer just like they do
> now.

...which I said myself.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains
are scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald