[geeks] Jericho

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Oct 25 14:24:16 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 01:43:56PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> It's supposed to be circa-2009 Kansas.  You really should watch episodes
> 4 and 5 though - supposedly episode 5 was when the suits "stopped messing
> with the writers, and the show gets better from there" according to one
> of the people working on the show.  Lots of stuff happens in 5, too.

I watched the earlier ones today before my kids came home and took over
the TVs. I'll get to see them tonight after Leno (2305 here) and they
finaly go off to sleep. Or at least one TV.

> I'm looking forward to episode 6 ("9:02") tonight.
>
> Can you say "EM Pulse"?  8-)

I heard about that. I probably watch it tomorrow. They come down pretty
fast.

My one question is will the Yaseu FT-101Z survive the EMP? It should not,
it had tube finals, but the rest of the radio is transistor. I also like
the morse code at the begining, Anyone know what is after Jericho?
10 years ago I could copy 35wpm, no I can't even get the stuff at the
begining of the show. :-(

BTW, if you are interested in the original "Duck and Cover" film, it's
available from the Internet Archive. I downloaded it and made a DVD of it
to show people during the war, but no one was interested.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838