[geeks] electric cars

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Oct 23 14:37:25 CDT 2006

" From: velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com>
"
" There are also sites cropping up with kits to put VW diesels into
" things like Suzuki Samurai's and Toyota's small pickups.  And these
" are not new, just getting more attention.
"
" I am going to talk to my brother about the possibility of doing an
" engine swap for me.  He's a "rock crawler" and has intimate knowledge
" of the Samurai, as that's his 4-wheeling platform--not that it's
" recognizable in it's current form. :-)  Though, I'll go for a Toyota
" Tacoma conversion if I take that route.  In any case it's just the
" kind of weird and unusual project that appeals to his twisted sense of
" interest.

i'm astonished anyone would bother to swap a vw diesel into a toyota
when toyota has so many excellent diesels themselves.