[geeks] bridging networks with wireless

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 15:10:45 CDT 2006

On 10/16/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> I want to move to eliminating a server or PC as a wireless router.
[...]
> One of the Sun machines is my primary gateway, so it could handle
> routing without much problem.

I have a Linksys Wireless bridge that also has a 5-port switch.  It's
an earlier version of the current WET54G.  You could simply plug a
second interface of the Sun into it, since it's already your gateway,
and set up the routing tables.  It's a bit pricey (~$80 now), but I've
had no issues, and mine includes traffic shaping functionality.

=Nadine=