[geeks] Cheap refurb SCSI drives?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 11 07:22:15 CDT 2006

Mike Hebel wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2006, at 6:30 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> David Muran-de Assereto wrote:
>>> Well, I just ordered a bunch of 146GB drives from computer giant;
>>> they were $1.25 each, 1" U320 SCA drives. We'll see if they honor the
>>> price.
>> *WOW*.
>
> Hmm:
>
> https://www.computergiants.com/items/one_item.asp?part=119362
>
> That's almost worth ordering a few myself just to see if they honor the
> deal.

Wow indeed.  I didn't find that.  Fill minbar's internal bays and array
with those and I'd have two terabytes online for under twenty bucks.
That's a no-brainer ........ assuming they honor the price.

Uh, hold on though .... the listing says these are 68-pin U320, not
80-pin SCA.  So does every Google reference I can find for that Hitachi
part number.

--
 Same geek, same site, new location