[geeks] Cheap refurb SCSI drives?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Oct 11 07:25:05 CDT 2006

On Oct 11, 2006, at 7:22 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Mike Hebel wrote:

>>> *WOW*.
>>
>> Hmm:
>>
>> https://www.computergiants.com/items/one_item.asp?part=119362
>>
>> That's almost worth ordering a few myself just to see if they honor
>> the
>> deal.
>
> Wow indeed.  I didn't find that.  Fill minbar's internal bays and array
> with those and I'd have two terabytes online for under twenty bucks.
> That's a no-brainer ........ assuming they honor the price.
>

> Uh, hold on though .... the listing says these are 68-pin U320, not
> 80-pin SCA.  So does every Google reference I can find for that Hitachi
> part number.

For that price I'd buy a 68 pin RAID box. :-)

Mike Hebel
----
I think I'd like to do something nice for somebody. I think it's good
if you smile at someone, and they smile in return. Voluntary love
encourages people to create a sense of friendliness. Love that is
unconditional gives us respect as people, however, it's wrong to force
love, to try to keep it alive. If the strain goes on eventually it will
bloom into the flower called lie. The deceptively thorny flower that
hurts people. - Vash