[geeks] Opinions on the HP C3x00?

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Wed Mar 29 21:58:49 CST 2006

> you can get gcc for hp-ux, and a lot of other freeware at
> http://hpux.csc.liv.ac.uk/hppd/hpux/alpha.html
>
> it was originally a mirror of hpux.csc.liv.ac.uk, but csc doesn't seem
> to be responding.

Hmmm that url above isn't working for me... but I did find this pretty
easily:

http://gatekeep.cs.utah.edu/hppd/answers/4-5.html

So I decided what the heck, for $125 + $45 shipping a C3650, 512MB, 18GB,
FX10, keyboard, mouse, and SCSI terminators was worth it for me to try out
HP-UX.  Unfortunately, it doesn't come with media - I hear that I can get
possibly get media from HP.  Does anyone have experience doing it, and
have any tips?

Oh, and for the two hard drive bays, I see it takes SCA, but I can't tell
if it supports 1.6" half height drives or it only supports 1" drives.
Anyone know?

Thanks for the info you've all shared, I appreciate it!

- Nate