[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Mar 27 00:53:02 CST 2006

Sun, 26 Mar 2006 @ 20:40 -0600, Bill Bradford said:

> You should have seen the number of us (me included) at $WORK who had pretty
> impressive blades on our persons, too.

Yeah.  I know quite a few who carry steel too.

I have an armor piercing tanto lock blade I carry now and then. I've been told
its illegal, but I think the blade is only 3 inches.

> There's also the funny times when someone needed to open a box and three
> people whipped out Big Knives...  then everyone started comparing blades.

Most of the people I've worked with think I'm wierd for carrying a
blade.

> Nowdays I just carry my Leatherman and sometimes a Cold Steel folding
> tanto blade for heavier stuff that would break/bend the blade on the
> Leatherman.

My tanto is blued, and I hate to use it for anything because it messes up the
finish. It has a black titanium body. The lock is actually kind of ghetto in
my opinion, but then I'm spoiled by a knifemaker I know who makes lock systems
which are a work of art.

I have several leathermen in cars, toolboxes, and cases for carrying.

Amazing little tool, much more useful to me than a swiss army knife.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We have nothing to prove" -- Alan Dawkins]