[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Mar 26 20:40:35 CST 2006

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 07:35:38PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Then one day someone made a big stink about people being armed, so the company
> overreacted and outlawed firearms.

You should have seen the number of us (me included) at $WORK who had pretty
impressive blades on our persons, too.

One day I actually walked through the lobby with one real (functional)
katana, two "sharp letter opener" display katanas, and a bo.  [0]  I
only got half a strange look from one of my coworkers until I explained
that I was just giving them to another coworker.  "Oh, okay.. can I
look?"

There's also the funny times when someone needed to open a box and three
people whipped out Big Knives...  then everyone started comparing blades.

Nowdays I just carry my Leatherman and sometimes a Cold Steel folding
tanto blade for heavier stuff that would break/bend the blade on the
Leatherman.

BIll

[0] Hanwei Practical Katana.
    http://www.swordsdirect.com/practical_katanas.html for an example