[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Sun Mar 26 13:11:54 CST 2006

Chris Petrov wrote:
> On 26/03/2006, at 8:36 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:
>

>>On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 06:34:03PM +1100, Chris Petrov wrote:
>>
>>>Just out of curiosity what was the tightest grouping? i.e. could they
>>>shoot?
>>
>>You have to be relatively decent with a pistol before they'll give
>>you a
>>concealed-carry license here; e.g., prove that you're not going to
>>shoot
>>yourself in the foot.
>>
>>http://www.txchia.org/getchl.htm
>>
>>One of the things I miss about living in the city is that when I
>>was at
>>"home" growing up, there was plenty of empty space around for miles
>>and
>>miles (grandparents had a cattle farm) so we could set up a
>>shooting range
>>out back.
>>
>>Living in a city now, I can't even shoot off a BB gun.
>>
>>Bill
>
> Seems a bit discriminatory to me....
>
> Not be under a protective order.
> Not be chemically dependent.
> Not be of unsound mind.
> Not be delinquent in paying fines, fees, child support, student
> loans, etc.
>
> some of the best shooters I knew were all of the above... :P

The signs on stores saying 'no carry on the premises' confound me - the
kind of people who _can_ carry are the people you _want_ as customers.

They're sober, not felons, they have enough cash to at least go through
the CCW course which ain't cheap ...

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks