[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Mar 26 14:48:17 CST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> The signs on stores saying 'no carry on the premises' confound me -
> the kind of people who _can_ carry are the people you _want_ as
> customers.

But they have GUNS!  And guns KILL PEOPLE!  And some of those people
might be CHILDREN!  Won't someone think of the CHILDREN?

The thing that's always confused me about gun-control laws and signs
like that is that the people they're trying to defend against (ie:
criminals), by definition, don't follow laws/rules.

> They're sober, not felons, they have enough cash to at least go
> through the CCW course which ain't cheap ...

Precisely.

--
Jonathan Patschke     )       Apple MacBook Pro
Elgin, TX            (     Now with Intel Core Duo