[geeks] How is Solarix x86 on notebooks?

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 18:42:27 CST 2006

On 3/12/06, Michael-John Turner <mj at turner.org.za> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 11:56:18PM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > Linux is also nice on current laptops, if you can get past any
> > driver-support issues (granted Linux is much better than Solaris for

Well, I was inspired by this thread, so I've been installing Solaris
x86 on a Dell Latitude C800 I had laying around. So far so good,
although it hung on testing the video card -- did recognize it as ATI
M4, however. We shall see.

By the way, anybody want a rather mint Latitude C800 1 GHz? They have
really, really, nice screens.

-- Aaron Finley