[geeks] How is Solarix x86 on notebooks?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Mar 10 18:30:14 CST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 18:02, nate at portents.com wrote:

> Anyone with experience running Solaris on notebooks?  Anyone with
> experience with the AOpen OpenBook?

I used for a while, an Inspiron 9200 with the WUXGA or whatever 17"
screen, Centrino, Broadcom enet and Intel 2100 wifi chipset.  Everything
worked, including sound, on Solaris 10, once I added the freeware
Broadcom ethernet and Intel 2100 drivers.

> What do you folks think?

Not sure if AOpen is the toughest built notebook; however most if not
all things should work.  I would guess that the software modem (if it
has one, a/k/a WinModem) will probably not be supported.

--Patrick