[geeks] How is Solarix x86 on notebooks?

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Fri Mar 10 17:02:52 CST 2006

Hey folks,

My iBook G4 just died two months out of warranty (same video chip problem
the iBook G3 currently has an extended repair program active for - no such
thing for the iBook G4, at least right now).  I'm pretty unhappy with the
situation, and I'm either going to wait for Apple to come out with an
Intel based iBook or build myself a notebook and run Linux or Solaris x86
on it.  Specifically, I was looking at this:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mobile/display/openbook-1559.html

Anyone with experience running Solaris on notebooks?  Anyone with
experience with the AOpen OpenBook?

What do you folks think?

- Nate