[geeks] FS: Dell branded RAID controller, PERC2/SC

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Mar 10 21:23:05 CST 2006

This has 16MB cache on it, is the same as the AMI "466" series.

Has Intel i960 on it, Dell has drivers, but not for Solaris x86.

Supposedly you can load the AMImega package from Solaris 9/x86 and load
under Solaris 10, but I have not tried it.

I think under Linux, you use the megaraid.o driver.

And yes, it beeps like crazy if you break the RAID set without telling
it about it!

This ran fine on the system when I was running Linux, but I have since
upgraded to Solaris Nevada (zfs is way cool!) and am using the
bog-standard Adaptec 2940 card instead.

Price: $20 including shipping anywhere in the USA

Paypal, MO, personal check OK...

--Patrick