[geeks] Poweredge 2400, SCSI details

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jun 16 12:38:52 CDT 2006

Does anyone know if any of the Dell Poweredge 2400 servers had their
RAID controller built into the motherboard?

I ask because I found some of them for sale which list a Pertec RAID
controller, but there isn't one in any of the 64-bit PCI slots.

It does look like the SCA backplane cables run to the motherboard, but
the pictures usually lack the details.

Yes, I asked the sellers, but wanted to verify here if anyone knows much
about them.

The 2500 looks like a nice machine.  Wish they were like $50... :)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["An Irishman is never drunk as long as he
can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth."]