[geeks] value of PIII PC servers

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 10:00:53 CDT 2006

On 6/16/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Craigslist... most of the stuff listed there is total crap, and the
> interface sucks.
>
> But yeah, once in awhile you see good stuff.
>
> It's just that vast majority of people using it are clueless.

Most people on Craigslist think their "stuff" is worth a lot more than
it really is.

[...]
> I'm not sure... even if ebay has a defined HTTP API, I think any tool
> still has to load the full page and parse it.  I guess that means less
> load than a browser though.

There is an O'Reilly eBay Hacks book out there....

> > The thing that I DO like about ebay, though, is that you can
> > subscribe to RSS feeds for searches. That beats their shitty
> > interface and computer-killing site any day.
>
> How do you do that?  I don't see an RSS link anywhere.

A quick google search turned up quite a few things.  This was at the top:
http://www.rssauction.com/

It's amazing to me the number of jobs in Monster for businesses
looking for people to do eBay "stuff".  Of the 268 jobs that show up
with a search for "eBay", about 100 of them are actual eBay/PayPal
corporate positions.  Some of them are just another angle for the
info-marketer trollers (which says something about how low the "job
search engines" stoop for business), but even so...

=Nadine=