[geeks] Lightning question

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Jul 27 11:35:11 CDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, William Enestvedt wrote:
>    My uncle lives in waaay north Minnesota, and the pine tree six feet
> (!) from his house got hit. The sap boiled, the bark blew off in a long
> strip running perpindicular to the ground, and it ran over to the
> garage, along the phone ilne, and killed his PC (throigh the modem prt,
> I believe).

This exact scenario happened to me at a friend's house when we were standing
in the room near the window.  The lightning couldn't have hit more than 8 feet
from us.

TALK ABOUT LOUD.  I thought I was dead.  There hadn't been any previous
thunder and it caught us completely by surprise.

We went outside after the storm and played with the strip of bark.

-DanD

# "Qui rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur." (Who are you to laugh?
#  Change the name, and the story is told of you.)   -Horace