[geeks] Lightning question

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Jul 27 08:48:00 CDT 2006

Lionel wrote:

> Quick question: We recently had a serious lightning storm not just
> near by, but actually in our backyard! A tree on our property was
> struck, and now is spread out across the backyard (oddly,
> the bark was "blown off",

   My uncle lives in waaay north Minnesota, and the pine tree six feet
(!) from his house got hit. The sap boiled, the bark blew off in a long
strip running perpindicular to the ground, and it ran over to the
garage, along the phone ilne, and killed his PC (throigh the modem prt,
I believe).

   No other damage, and the tree eventually healed. :7)

-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator