[geeks] RHCE advice

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 26 06:10:45 CDT 2006

>From: velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com>
>Date: 2006/07/25 Tue PM 10:26:37 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] RHCE advice

>On 7/25/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
>> Tue, 25 Jul 2006 @ 09:28 -0400, Nadine said:
>>
>> > pdf versions are direct recruiters/managers.  The head hunters want to
>> > be able to cut and paste your resume into their company's template.
>> > Frankly, many do a crap job of it, as I've seen the results in
>> > manager's hands when I get to the face-to-face.
>>
>> I wonder if it ever occurs to them that this is technically a violation
>> of your copyright?
>
>Well, I'm sure it doesn't occur to him, but their lawyers would just
>trumpet "implied consent" since you agreed to have them represent you
>to the employer.

IANAL, but to have a copyright on a document/piece of work, you need to asert it by including a magic incantation, similar to:

"(c) 2006, Lionel Peterson, all rights reserved"

Without the assertion, you don't have a copyright as I understand it, but again, IANAL.

Besides, as Nadine points out, you have agreed to have this person represent you - modifying your resume could be seen as reasonable in that case.

Lionel