[geeks] RHCE advice

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Jul 26 06:25:50 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 07:10, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> IANAL, but to have a copyright on a document/piece of work, you need to asert it by including a magic incantation, similar to:
>
> "(c) 2006, Lionel Peterson, all rights reserved"

In the USA, you have copyright the moment the work is created, i.e. the
copyright is an inherent or innate part of the work's existence.

However, adding the copyright notice gets you protection in countries
other than the USA.  I think the "Berne Convention" covers copyright,
not sure about that.

> Without the assertion, you don't have a copyright as I understand it, but again, IANAL.

I take a pencil and a piece of paper.  I draw a smiley face (my art
skills are limited after all).  I have copyright on that artwork.

> Besides, as Nadine points out, you have agreed to have this person represent you - modifying your resume could be seen as reasonable in that case.

Exactly.

--
Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo