[geeks] RHCE advice

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 26 06:07:28 CDT 2006

>From: velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com>
>Date: 2006/07/25 Tue PM 10:25:11 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>, Michael Parson <mparson at bl.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] RHCE advice

<snip>

>It's just too bad that Adobe hasn't seen fit to port Framemaker to OS
>X.  Kinda stupid, given there's a Sparc X11 version--I doubt Mac geeks
>would balk at running it under X11.

I suspect Corporate IT WOULD balk at running X11 on an OS X Mac, and since (I am making a wild assumption) 80-90% of all Framemaker licenses are sold as part of volume corporate licenses, pleasing onsey-twosey installations isn't high on their list of priorities...

You could always run it remotely from an Ultra 5 or similar (A Framemaker Application Server, if you will ;^)